Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Everything Free

So I've started my anti inflammatory diet. Dairy free besides plain yogurt, gluten free, red meat free, corn free, soy free, peanut free, unnatural sugar free...am I missing anything else? Oh yeah. Nightshade free. You know what those are? Family Solonaceae (from my archaeobotany days). This includes tomatoes (meh), peppers (no Mexican???) and potatoes. Mother effing potatoes. Sure I can still eat sweet potatoes but I'm sorry, they just aren't the same. A baked sweet potato is meh. But maybe it's good because if I could have a baked potato then I'd want sour cream and bacon.

The food is good so far. I really like the mindbogglingly expensive everything free bread. One tiny slice with some almond butter and I'm stuffed. I get to eat lots of Japanese type stuff so I'm jazzed about that. Tonight is cilantro chicken, quinoa and mixed greens with a lime vinaigrette. Maybe this will become a sort of anti inflammatory food blog.

Oh yeah. Weight yesterday was 148.2. So close to pre-second baby weight! And I actually don't feel like a blob anymore. I finally rewarded myself with a hair cut and colour. So I'm a redhead now and I am LOVING it. Super confidence booster. I felt so good after the hair change that I went and acquired some super bright blue skinny jeans. Trenderific!

Around the house: we are sick of clutter. So we picked out some play room storage furniture. We have a trip to Vancouver coming up in a month so we can hit up IKEA. Should make a huge difference in the basement.

This week's challenges:
-fifteen minutes of declutter everyday in all the hot spots
-get rid of baby stuff we don't need anymore
-order some contacts and glasses with the right prescription
-stick to my diet! and maybe share some recipes

1 comment:

  1. hold on to baby stuff for just one more week...

    ReplyDelete