Sunday, March 4, 2012

Colds are for chumps

Holy moly. What a week. I ended getting really ill so my picture projects were put on hold. The good news? I still managed to drag myself to Costco to pick up all the food for The Big Cook. Costco. Shudder. Bad enough at the best if times. Really bad with a toddler screeching for a snack every time you pass a sample person.

Am I the only person who feels sorry for the people with the lame samples? This week in the baked goods section there was a woman with pain au chocolat (best food ever) and a man with toast. He actually looked sad. The toddler isn't picky though, so he had one happy customer.

So that was yesterday. Last night I did some prep work and today I just cooked. I started at 7am, went to 5 and stopped only for an hour total to feed myself and the baby. It was nuts. My ankles are swollen. I have a headache from squinting (really looking forward to the optometrist). But I don't have to cook for the rest of the month! You're jealous, right? You should be. Favourite dishes were the Guinness stew, chicken enchiladas, and the breakfast sandwiches. Hey, maybe I should link some recipes? I'll eat them first. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment