Thursday, February 23, 2012

About those phone calls..

Because that was the whole point of this week. No, I haven't called anyone yet. You know I'm a procrastinator right? I set deadlines just so that I have a last possible second to do things. Without a deadline the last possible second becomes the end of time. So the calls will happen tomorrow between 4 and 5 pm.

But the good news is that this effort to hang out with the dog has forced me to get up and moving every day. I've been dressed more than not this week! Today we didn't go for a walk, but we did run around in the backyard. I think Kallie had a good time, at least until a sinister crow showed up to spoil the party. Baby Annie enjoyed herself too!

Here's a random bit of self-improvement: for years I have been baking potatoes all wrong. I feel so much shame because I am usually in the know when it comes to food things. But I was unaware that you shouldn't bake potatoes in foil. I hope somebody besides me also didn't know this. You are supposed to scrub, rub with olive oil, rub again with a bit of sea salt, poke some holes with a fork and put them right on the rack in the oven. So many years, so many wasted potatoes. So I am going to eat one every day for the next month to make up for it. Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment