Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mmm...pancakes...

Breastfeeding is my favourite form of exercise. It takes about an hour a day, you just have to sit on the couch and it burns hundreds of calories. I think I'm going to keep feeding this kid until she leaves home just for the burn.

Anyways, the really grand thing is that it allows you to indulge once in a while. As you may know, I am super religious so I observe this thing called Shrove Tuesday. You are supposed to eat pancakes that day. I don't know why. I tend not to ask questions when I'm told to eat pancakes.

So I had blueberry pancakes for lunch and they were awesome. Tomorrow is this thing called Ash Wednesday (because god wants you to give up smoking for Lent?). I am going to do my usual and give up Christianity until Easter. I am really serious about this depriving stuff though so I also give up Christianity from Easter to Christmas. I know, right?

So that's what I did today. I made pancakes. And did some laundry. And cleaned the upstairs bathroom. And fulfilled my daily appointment with the dog! Have not missed one yet! I see a potential problem with my plan though. I like to walk around 10am because it puts the baby to sleep. Unfortunately the old ladies with the unleashed dogs also like to walk at this time. These dogs are small and mean. Take a couple rabid rats, glue them together, throw on a scraggly wig and there you go. They attack anything that moves. A confrontation is coming and I don't know how my dog will react. She generally likes other dogs but so do I and I want to kick these little critters in the teeth. Sigh.

Ah well. Freja is enjoying the extra outside time so that's a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment